Friday, August 24, 2012

Voka Inspiration...

             Must have been two years since the first time I came across an amazing artist whose style of painting was so amazing and the spontaneous play of colors that he plays with his baby was so very mesmerizing that it stayed with me till date and still is an inspiration to me and my art. Voka, an Australian Painter and the founder of Spontaneous Realism is one of the biggest name in the world of painting today. I wish I could afford one of his painting myself but this wish is not gonna happens in the very near future (Of course, unless Bill Gates decides to donate a hundred million dollar). Ahahaha...

             Well, I wont write much about Voka myself (If you've found inspiration, I suggest you visit him at www.voka.at) except that a small digital camera is his constant companion and often he presses the shutter indiscriminately, without even looking through the view-finder or focusing on a
particular point, this pictures later serves him as a memory, inspiration and subject for his next painting. Now, that's amazing, isn't it?

             In Voka's own word, 
"If I knew in advance how the finished painting would look, it would be too boring to paint it in the first place", and that's very true as an artist myself. I always paint not even knowing what will it turn out at the end, just following my memories. Finally, I thought of sharing a youtube video of Voka painting live but I'm little confused here now, because all his paintings are too amazing that's its very hard for me to chose one for you. I hope Marilyn Monroe will do the honor and anyway, you can browse it yourself later.



             Busy!!! Busy!!! Busy!!! but thought I should take a break and write something about an amazing artist whose style of painting (by coincidence) happens to be somewhat similar to how I would paint. The only difference is, Voka usually paints with a picture (that he capture himself with his digital camera) in front him, but in my case, I trace back the picture withing my head from my experience, childhood memories, random thoughts or anything that had once captures my fancy. 

             I hope Voka was an inspiration. And be blessed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment