Sunday, August 5, 2012

Unfinished or is it???

          So, I started off with a painting and then got lazy. By the time of my third exhibition, it was still unfinished. Anyway, I decided to put it ON during the exhibition as it was already dry. So it went live.

Title: The Lady at the Bar
Medium: Oil on Canvas
Size: 30x24 Inches
SOLD.

          So now, I would guess you already know that this is the one I was talking about. To me it was not a completed work when it was exhibited but the buyer says, "Its complete for me. This is just the way I like it". Its sold.

          This piece is a depiction of all the many reasons why a person would go to a bar. Maybe because, the person is sad. Or maybe the person just wanted to relax. Or even maybe, the person was confused etc etc...

          Well, that is it. But the fact remains, the mood that I wanted to finished is not finished. Maybe that's the beauty or even maybe I will finish it one day soon. However, you can still see the different mood and personality in the lady in the painting.

Last Words: You know, you have seen this character somewhere, without the hand and the cigarette!!!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you catherine, i am glad it found your liking. Appreciated your time. Thank you much :)

      Delete
  2. I like this piece, too. I really like your use of color in all your work, and of course your understanding of anatomy. I really think you're going to go places! Keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you Elizabeth and i hope so too. And maybe in my journey, meet you up all the amazing people and get a real life chat. And yes i sure will, thanks xxx :)

      Delete