Saturday, March 16, 2013

Where am I?

         Ever wondered how big our Universe is? I do that a lot of time and every time I do, it always takes me back to where it started. They say it all started with a Bang and then never stopped. Now even our most brilliant scientist finds it almost impossible to even study. Of course, I will not describe how big or how unimaginable its size is or what’s happening inside. Leave that to Stephen Hawking, I am no expert. But yes, my love for the Universe goes way back, just that, I never had in me to become a scientist. Whatever!!! I just wanted to show you how big I am in this very big vast space that surrounds us. Maybe I am wrong.


Title: On The Horizon
Medium: Oil on Canvas
Size: 36x24
Price: Please contact the artist directly.
Signed and dated at the right hand bottom corner.

 April, 1912.
 
          Four days after she left Southampton, UK, on her trip to New York, US, she hit an ice berg and sank. The date was 15 and yes, it’s the Titanic story. It was her maiden voyage and she carried with her 2,224 passengers and crew. 1502 people died just because there weren’t enough life boats for everyone. Yes we have seen the movie and some of our girls cried the whole North Atlantic Ocean out of the movie. But this isn’t Titanic’s story remember? Okay then, we continue…

          Our scientist estimates that our Universe might contain as much as 500 billion galaxies and among one of them is our very own “The Milky Way”, which is supposed to contain approximately 200-400 billion stars. Whatever that figures means, I’ll just take it as something that we shouldn’t even try counting. Now, I’ll not even try to get into light years, I might end up getting exploded (lol).

          Figure says, Titanic was 882 feet and 9 inches long and 92 feet and 6 inches wide (wow!!! That’s huge). 106,400,000 km2 is the size of the whole Atlantic Ocean (That’s where the Titanic sank). With this numbers in mind, we take The Milky Way as our tragic Titanic and the whole of the Atlantic Ocean as our Universe. Now, our Solar System, wow!!! It’s almost invincible. Earth!!! Where is Earth? Oh! There it is. It’s visible only through the microscope. Yay!!!

          But wait!!! Where am I??? Where am I??? Where am I???.............

          That’s the fact. I am nothing at all in the whole universe and so are you. Still we say, “I’m this”, “I have done that”; “My name is”, “My father was”; “Who are you?”, “You are nothing”. That’s our ego and we are even proud of it. Does this make any sense at all? Yes it does and that is shame.

          Last word: I know it was not the perfect metaphor. The Universe is still expanding and we are getting even smaller. Ahahaha… Be blessed :)

12 comments:

  1. U r truly an awesome human being!..i am so impressed with ur profile!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....That's so very cute Leslie. I am trying my best i could and i really appreciated it. I think its my best day today :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes mam, i have a facebook page. Here is the link
      Zhoniu Art Studio
      And thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I love the painting and the philosophy behind :) Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne, very kind and i am overwhelmed with all the support. Means a lot :)

      Delete
  4. I continue to enjoy your musings as much as your art! well done.
    @grizzelda3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grizzelda3, i am glad my art found your liking. And followed you on twitter :)

      Delete