Friday, August 24, 2012

Let's Play Color

          Color have always been a part of me. Once as a kid, I slept off during an art (Drawing) test and the bigger irony was, my teacher didn't woke me up the whole time. I just took it as she didn't see me sleeping or was she asleep as well. So when I woke up from my awesome sleep, I was just left with a few minutes to finish my test. It was a disaster and a beginning of my play with colors.


Untitled
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
Size: 36x24 Inches
Price:Please contact the artist directly.
Signed and dated at the bottom right hand corner.

          When I painted this painting, I was a little confused and down due to many reasons. First, my third exhibition was near the corner and I was a little panicking and confused. It was some months after I left my day job to pursue painting and honestly, I was even a little broke at that time. Lastly, I couldn't find my inspiration of what to paint. Maybe it was the worst time for an artist but anyway, I knew that I had to break free. So, I look at my bizarre childhood for an inspiration and came up with this piece. I wanted play colors.

          The final result of all my moods and bizarre childhood is a metallic finish in almost pink, matching up with a intricate and precisely mixed colors. One have to get close to the painting to really see the effect of mixing colors like the one when one drops a drop of color in a concentrated liquid. The dropped colors spreading out slowly to its surroundings.

          Some says, it looks ten times better in real life. Other says, it looks like a group of angels and that I should give a name. I decided not to named it.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment