Monday, August 6, 2012

Denny Dent, Give Us Wings...!!!

          If I tell you this, that a person painted two paintings of Presidents to performing at the Rock & Roll Hall of fame to the stage of the Woodstock '94 concert, do I get your attention? If I did, then here is "Denny Dent" whose repertoire featured Denny's renderings of John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, and Tina Turner, to name a few.

          Denny Dent was born and raised and in Oakland on April 5, 1948 and spend his final days in Denver, where he finally died at the age of 55 due to kidney and heart complications, on March 29, 2004, leaving behind his greatest work, "Brian Olsen" (his student) to continue on with his legacy. Described as the world's only "Rock and Roll Painter", Denny Dent invented a new form of performing art, of what we call it today as "Speed Painting" in 80's and since then the world couldn't look away.

          Well, I will not even try to explain who or what Denny Dent or his art form is, because in a million years my words will never do Denny or his art form, a justice. Let Denny do that himself with a video of him painting live (of Jimi Hendrik) at U.W Oshkosh Wisconsin. Thank me later for this video. Do take time and watch the video, you will appreciate it.


          If Pablo Picasso is considered as the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, to the world, then Denny Dent is to me. And it would be unfair on my part to claim that I don't have a artist icon (which necessarily doesn't mean I paint like him or inspired by his works). Of course, when I started as a kid I hardly knew any famous artist (Or even none). But time passed and youtube came into the picture.


2 comments:

  1. hey mate good to see your traffic has increased since I did your promotion, may it flow even greater in time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did and thank you very much for doing that for me. Means a lot :)

      Delete