Saturday, November 23, 2013

Art Connect: Update

               I am pretty sure I never started painting until I started schooling and this part of the my works (2 or 3 pieces) is an inspiration from that early years of my life when I started off my first painting. I am taking my chances that my first ever painting was with pencil colors and was a landscape with mountains, a tree, a house, v shape birds flying across the horizon, a snake river, the sun (rising or setting whichever is applicable) and a few children holding hands (or maybe a family). So, here is that painting, once again, minus the V shape birds, the house and the people holding hands. I haven’t named the painting yet because I am looking for suggestion, so please help me named this painting which will be exhibited during the next project.


               Now I wanted take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude to Clara Bellino, who I have never known/met personally or even spoken a word with before (except that we follow each other on twitter) for coming forward and giving me the much needed push towards the project with her donation. You have an amazing heart. I wish her and her jazz music all the best. Then to Ayana Tomeka, sorry though for that system glitch, I hope it’s resolved now. And yes, I find that picture of you and your mom on your website for the mother’s day very cute. Amanda Armstrong and Chaitra Pollard, sorry for all my intruding disturbances while looking for your professional help. I know I can be such a shameless person at times. I just hope as much as I enjoyed your company, you do also. And Aral Bereux, for featuring my art on her website. An amazing person whose book I enjoyed as much as her company. Well, I am not very good at formalities and even though as I keep fumbling for the right words, all I really wanted to say was thank you, to all. Finally, to all my well-wishers, because your good wishes and words are donations good enough for me and towards the project.

               Oh!!! By the way, I uploaded a video of me on my project campaign page and I am pretty excited (or rather awkward) about it because it’s my first ever video ever and was shot just after 5 days of fever and in the middle of a worst cold. So maybe take a moment to watch zombie me. I would love some comments. And also if you decide to do a little donation, here is the link “RandomLives and North East India: Art Connect”.

Last Word: Sorry about the image quality, this is the best I can come up with my old age mobile phone camera while my friend who takes picture for me is out of town. And by the way, do you still remember your first painting?

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, warm and deep.

    I suggest "The Genesis" as a name. And to answer your question: I surely remember my first painting though it goes to 24 years back. But while yours is like a Van Gogh, mine was more like a Malevitch.

    Great Art Work dear! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne, this is awesome and i love Malevich, love the way he uses geometrical figures to create awesomeness and hey, "The Genesis" is an awesome titled. I will consider this. Just let's wait for sometime before i coined it. And also, would love to see your first work. Thank you and bless you :)

      Delete
    2. "Passages"....you are such a sweet heart..hugs n kisses..xoxoxo

      Delete
    3. Thank you Leslie, you are awesome. Hmmm...name not decided yet. xoxoxo :)

      Delete