Tuesday, May 1, 2012

@ToriWilsonMusic


    When I was 12, I don’t even remember what I did. But she is 12 and she is already touching hearts with her music and is fighting for a great cause. So, I don’t want this to be just another article on my blog. I want it to be more of a personal story of this person and her cause. A story of a person once a victim of ridicules and bully, because she wanted to follow her dreams. Now she is fighting back against this inhuman act/thinking and she is all prepared. This is the story of that amazing person. This is the story of an inspired kid. And this is the story of the cause she is fighting for. Meet Tori Wilson; the rising star on the horizon and she is here to rule. We just have to wait for the time. For time will tell us the story and this time not just a story, a great story.

     Tori Wilson goes to school in Long Island, New York, and like any other beautiful kids in the block, Tori likes to participate in school basketball, volleyball, dance and kickboxing and she is an avid reader and an artist. At the age of four, after doing a camp talent show Tori was inspired to become a performer. I guess at the age of four, I was still crying for food when I was hungry. I wish this was a joke. Anyway, Tori began appearing on commercial prints and TV shows. In 2008, Mr. David Doan, the casting director at Nickelodeon offered her to showcase her talent on the TV show. She was just eight and she found her true calling. There is no stopping since then. But unfortunately, there were people already trying to get her gone. After appearing for a Nickelodeon Thanksgiving special, Tori became a victim of ridicule and bully from the local kids. It must been worst for her. All possible attempts were made to conceal and preserve her talents but the world was too small to conceal a true gift and talent. Some of Tori performances became public and the situation got even worse. Her parents intervened. Tori currently attends a private school where she still passionately follows her dreams and hopes that one day it will make the world a better place for everyone to live.


     With the face of Dido and the spirit of Pink (it’s my opinion), Tori Wilson is trying her best within her limited capacities to spread the message that bullying is no good for anyone and she needs our helping hand in spreading this message to the people. As a victim of bully herself, Tori say, “The cause of bullying and working with the children means a lot to me. Bullying starts much younger and I feel that peer to peer intervention works much better and I am trying my best. Every time I hear, another kid has taken their lives due to bullying it enrages me even more. No one has the right to put down another to make themselves feel better. I think if we all took that simple approach of treating others how you want to be treated the world would be a much better place.” This is the messages that Tori wanted to convey in her single “Not Today” that has became Anti-Bullying Anthem which is giving other kids a hope and courage to take a stand and believe that there is a better world out there.


     Not in Tori’s exact word but I feel this is what she wanted to say to everyone;
“What do you say about?
That girl you pushed down the other day. She's already being abused at home.
That girl you called fat. She's starving herself.
The pregnant girl walking down the street. She got raped.
To that girl you called a slut in class today. She's a virgin.
The boy you called lame. He has to work every night to support his family.
The boy you made fun of for crying. His mother is dying.
The old man you made fun of cause of the ugly scars. He fought for our country.” I hope Tori agree with me.


   Tori Wilson has appeared on Eye on NY with CBS’s Dana Tyler, ABC’s One Life to Live with her message. She has also performed at Madison Square Garden, charity benefits shows including LI2 Day Breast Cancer, LI Chapter of Chrons and Colitis, Lexibean Foundation, Talk Therapy TV’s USS Intrepid and Robbies Run. The Mulchay’s show for Breast Cancer raised over fifteen thousand dollars and many more. Tori has written articles publish by Newsday several times, and was also invited by WPIX Morning News to share her song.


     Tori has been doing what she can do best and thankfully things are changing around her. Media outlets are taking notice and helping Tori spread her message. Enquiries are received as far as Bosnia asking if her songs could be used at the town assemblies. Tori constantly receive packages at home filled with letters from children thanking her along with videos children singing “Not Today”. That must be very heart whelming and I have this hope that you will join Tori’s fight for justice and she is counting on you.


     I haven’t met Tori Wilson personally; I only met her on twitter when she sent me a YouTube link of her new single “Not Today” which happened to be an amazing song with an amazing cause from a beautiful person with an awesome big husky voice. Now I know that she is call a little girl with the big voice and that Pink voice influence her. We have grown to be a good friends on twitter over a period of time but of course, I would like to meet her in person. And I am very glad and honored, when I ask Tori if I could write her story on my blog, she readily accepted and offered me with her details and story. Thank you. Anyway, Tori Wilson was not the first person who sends me YouTube link, but she was the first who tweeted me back. She was different, she was being a human and I already knew she was winning hearts.


     Currently, Tori is working on finishing her EP to make it an LP (Well, I have no clue what this EP or LP means). Anyway, she has 5 originals and is working on 4 more which she expects to complete it by this July.



Best wishes Tori and be blessed.
 


And please do remember to check out her video and maybe subscribe her.








No comments:

Post a Comment